Through your generosity, we are proud to have implemented some critical new elements in our program this year. With many of our students learning from home, and some students following a hybrid or an in-person model, we knew we needed to continue providing stable, consistent support no matter the circumstances.
- Tutor.com allows students to chat with professional tutors at any time of the day or night, as often as they need to, and for any subject they’re studying.
- Virtual Campus Visits have become a great way to keep students learning more about post-secondary institutions, the admissions process, campus life, majors, financial aid, and class sizes.
- One-on-one personalized college coaching for the Class of 2021 has been an incredible addition. Our College Coach helps students navigate completing the FAFSA, applying to colleges, talking through next steps for enrollment, and more.
- Virtual SAT Prep sessions, in partnership with professional tutors at The Princeton Review, teach our students tips and tricks to achieving high scores on their SAT test. We have seen our students’ scores increase across the board after our two sessions of prep in past years.
- Weekly Student Newsletters provide resources and information to keep them engaged, encouraged and motivated.
These changes and updates to our program have allowed more flexibility and innovation in our work, resulting in substantially increased 1-to-1 personalized attention.
We also have a lot to look forward to this spring! We can’t wait to see the Class of 2021 graduate after working hard for three years in the Next Level Scholars Program. This spring, Detroit Regional Dollars for Scholars will have awarded over 1,700 students with more than 2.6 million dollars in scholarships since 1990.
We are looking forward to continued achievement and post-secondary degrees being earned for years to come.
Detroit Regional Dollars for Scholars