Once students complete the Next Level Scholars program, support doesn’t end there. We are dedicated to providing the support and access to resources our students need to be successful getting to and through post-secondary.
All Next Level Scholars program graduates are automatically a member in the Alumni Network.
Alumni support includes:
- Individual check-in’s and coaching
- Programming and social events for alumni
- Bi-annual surveys to ensure relevant and timely communication and support for alumni
- Scholarships for eligible alumni
- Volunteer opportunities
- Tutor.com availability
- Alumni Emergency Fund
- And more!
- October 28, 2021: Virtual Alumni Spooktacular
- December 20, 2021: Annual Alumni Holiday Party
- Coming Spring 2022: Campus Meet-Up’s and Career Fair
Alumni Emergency Fund
The Detroit Regional Dollars for Scholars Alumni Emergency Fund is available to DRDFS alumni who are currently enrolled in post-secondary education who have an immediate financial emergency that may derail their education and would like to request support. The fund allows students to meet their needs and continue their education.
Expenses Potentially Covered by DFS:
- Online Learning Supplies (i.e. laptop, Wi-Fi hotspot)
- Transportation Home (gas gift cards, bus ticket)
- Housing Support (utility bill support, rent support)
- Food Support (grocery gift card)
Examples of Expenses Not Covered: Tuition and fees, parking tickets or other fines, non-essential utilities (i.e. cable, cell phone bill) and household needs, credit card/personal debit, entertainment, court fees.
Reach out to Erin at email@example.com or (734) 228-8543 for requests for emergency support.
Update your contact information:
Guide To Thrive
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
Detroit Regional Dollars for Scholars is proud to partner with MCAN to work toward the shared goal of 60% college attainment by 2030.
Connect With Us
Sign up to receive the latest news!