THE aLUMNI NETWORK
The vision of the Next Level Scholars Program and Alumni Network is to inspire and prepare students to succeed in their chosen post-secondary pathway.
We are dedicated to providing the support, access and resources our students need to enroll in post-secondary education, stay engaged with Detroit Regional Dollars for Scholars and earn a credential.
All Next Level Scholars program graduates are automatically a member in the Alumni Network.
Alumni support includes:
- Individual check-in’s and coaching
- Programming and social events for alumni
- Bi-annual surveys to ensure relevant and timely communication and support for alumni
- Scholarships for eligible alumni
- Volunteer opportunities
- Alumni Emergency Fund
- And more!
- 4/25/2022: College Success Panel at Eastern Michigan University
- 5/4/2022: Scholar Success Panel at Suited for Success
Alumni Emergency Fund
The Detroit Regional Dollars for Scholars Alumni Emergency Fund is available to DRDFS alumni who are currently enrolled in post-secondary education who have an immediate financial emergency that may derail their education and would like to request support. The fund allows students to meet their needs and continue their education.
Expenses Potentially Covered by DFS:
- Online Learning Supplies (i.e. laptop, Wi-Fi hotspot)
- Transportation Home (i.e. gas gift cards, bus ticket)
- Housing Support (i.e. utility bill support, rent support)
- Food Support (i.e. grocery gift card)
- Basic Needs (i.e. hygiene items)
Examples of Expenses Not Covered: Tuition and fees, loans parking tickets or other fines, non-essential utilities (i.e. cable, cell phone bill) and household needs, credit card/personal debit, entertainment, court fees.
Reach out to Erin at firstname.lastname@example.org or (734) 228-8543 for requests for emergency support.
Update your contact information:
Guide To Thrive
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
Detroit Regional Dollars for Scholars is proud to partner with MCAN to work toward the shared goal of 60% college attainment by 2030.
Connect With Us
Sign up to receive the latest news!